<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14084555\x26blogName\x3dPre-Cal+30S\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pc30s.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pc30s.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d931551856370134750', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, September 22, 2005

My Very First Blog

Hi everyone! This blogging this is all quite new to me but I'll give it a try.

We covered a lot in the fast few classes. Today we took up the questions on the review that people had most trouble with. For me, I had difficulty with them to. After we reviewed the review, we wrote a pre-test. Mr. K gave us twenty minutes to complete it. After, we were put into a group of four to discuss our answers. We had to hand in one paper with all the corrections.

I definitely agree that as the years pass by, math becomes harder and harder. I think I've done pretty well for the past few weeks. Some of the material we've covered is a bit tough but by doing the homework and examples in class, I can understand it more easily. I have to say that I'm doing much better in getting the homework completed on time unlike last year (shame on me). The math journal really comes in handy to recall what we have studied although all the letters instead of numbers can get sooooooo confusing at times.

Something I've learned that I found "cool" was how you could find so much information just by one equation.
eg. the vertex of the parabola, axis of symmetry, etc.

One thing I had difficulty with was completing the square. I couldn't understand how to do it but with the help of Mr. K, I finally understood it. I felt like the weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

Well, this wraps it up for my blog. I can't believe the test is tomorrow. I wish you all the best of luck. It looks like the weight has been added on my shoulders again.

1 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

This is Miss Nicholson, the student-teacher who sat in on your class today. Hopefully you're all in bed already since it's beneficial to get a good night's sleep before a test, but I just wanted to say that I enjoyed observing the ways in which you worked together in class today and am really impressed with how you are using this blog. I'm getting a lot of great ideas to use when I will be a teacher.

On that note I wanted to encourage you all in your studies by telling you what my experience has been like being back in high school observing courses that I took several years ago. When topics come up that I struggled through in school, even though it's years later, I start feeling a little anxious too. Then I watch the teacher work through the problem or I work it through myself which is when I immediately realize that I really did learn it and it's actually not as difficult as I always imagined it to be. It's pretty exciting!

So, even though the math seems to be getting harder and harder, you're all acquiring more and more skills and tools to get that boulder up the hill (ahh, sisyphus). Just keep on using them, and by the time your exam rolls around, you'll wonder how you ever struggled through such simple questions. :)

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home